February 27th 2024
October 2nd 2023
Incredible performances and prestigious sporting awards
- Huge congratulations to Sports Scholar Marley in Year 10 who competed in the British Triathlon nationals, representing London. Marley has been ranked 22nd in the UK and her team came overall second. This is another amazing achievement for Marley, who has subsequently been awarded the London Girls Triathlete Award for her triathlon with the British Triathlon Federation (BTF), colleting her award from Olympian Alex Yee, a British professional triathlete and distance runner.
- Our U14 hockey squad played a brilliant fixture against Bromley High, securing a nice 2-0 win as they gear up for our Newcastle residential in November. Player of the match was Chizara for some great saves in goal. Both brilliant goals came from Georgia on short corners.
Cross-country / running
The Greenwich Borough Cross Country Champs is always one of our favourite cross-country events and this year didn't disappoint as the weather was perfect, the girls ran hard and the results were as follows:
Year 7 – Ella L 3rd place. Team 1st place
Year 8 – Sophia-Rose 1st place, Emma B 2nd – Team 2nd
Year 9 – did really well, dug deep in a tough race
Year 10 & 11 combined – Marley 1st place – Team 1st place
- On 27 September , our team of 41 supercharged young athletes ventured to Croydon for an epic Year 3, 5 & 6 Cross Country showdown! The atmosphere was buzzing with excitement, and our girls gave it their all. A huge shout-out to our girls who came top 3 on the day: Hattie, who came 1st, and Ellie K, who secured a fantastic 3rd place.
And guess what? The overall results were just as thrilling: Year 6 managed to get a solid 2nd place, Year 5 rocked it with a 3rd place finish, and Year 3 proudly clinched the 1st place title! But it wasn't just about winning; it was about the incredible spirit and teamwork on display. Our girls demonstrated remarkable resilience and embodied our house values, supporting each other every step of the way.
One of our young athletes summed up the day perfectly: "I felt so encouraged when I heard the girls cheering my name; I had to keep pushing!" That's the spirit, and we're here for it!
- Well done to our very own Spartan, Polly from Year 10, who ran the 5km and 20 obstacles Spartan race this week - you're amazing!
Our Year 5 A&B teams had a great afternoon of netball against Blackheath Prep, with a lot of progress made through all four quarters!
Our Year 6 netball squad gave an amazing performance against Colfes with our Light Blue team winning 4-1, Dark Blue winning by a significant 9-0(!) and the Green team just missed out losing only by 1 goal with 6-5. Congratulations to the squads!
- We had a very exciting afternoon of football against Sydenham High, in which our Year 5 A-team gave it their all, but narrowly lost 2-1, while our Year 6 A-team had an intense match that ended in a thrilling 1-1 draw!
- A huge well done to Emily in Year 8 who has qualified for the All-England Regional Dance Final in May, for her tap performance! Wishing her all the luck for her ballet too.
- Pupils at the Junior School were delighted to christen our new BHSA trampolines, funded so generously by you, our BHS families! Trampoline lessons are scheduled to start as part of the KS2 PE curriculum after the February half term for Years 5 & 6. Years 3 & 4 will start to see it in their curriculum soon too. It's lovely to see the girls enjoying them. Massive thank you to the BHSA Bid team for suggesting this idea via our BHSA Bid system and of course to the BHSA!