Join the Sixth Form
Our Sixth Form, housed in our state-of-the-art Sixth Form Centre, is the absolute best preparation for university and the world of work. We accept applications to the Sixth Form at 16+ (Year 12) only. If you are currently attending the Senior School, you will automatically receive a place in the Sixth Form.
On average, one third of our Sixth Form classes are made up of new joiners, who are warmly welcomed into the Blackheath High family.
The admissions process:
We are now accepting general Sixth Form places for September 2024.
- The first step on your application journey is to visit us at our newly remodelled site in Vanbrugh Park. As a 16+ applicant, you are welcome to join us at any of our Senior School or specialist Sixth Form open events.
- Once you are ready to proceed, you will need to fill in an application form. At this point you will also be asked to pay a registration fee.
- We accept applications for 16+ at any point during the academic year, up to the September start date. However if you wish to be considered for a scholarship or bursary, you will need to apply before November while you are in Year 11, as this is when our entrance assessments take place. The scholarships and bursaries application deadline for September 2024 entry is 31 October 2023.
- 16+ applicants applying for a general place do not need to take an entrance examination - candidates will be assessed on performance in Year 10 exams and predicted GCSE grades. Candidates must have a minimum of 6 GCSEs grade 6 and above, including maths and English, and grade 7s in the A-level subjects they wish to study (where relevant).
- If your application is successful, you will receive an offer letter. Timings may vary depending on when you applied, but usually this will be in December. Any scholarships or bursaries that you have been awarded will be outlined in this letter also. Offers must be accepted by the date outlined in your offer letter in order to secure your place. At this point, you will be asked to pay a non-refundable deposit. For more information, please read our Fees advice.
- After accepting your place, you will be invited to visit our Sixth Form Centre and participate in a range of upcoming Sixth Form events to meet your peers and teachers.
- There are several key dates in the diary that should not be missed. For full information, download the important dates document below:
Important dates for 16+
- If you wish to apply for a scholarship, you will need to select the scholarship(s) you would like to apply for on your application form. You will then be invited to attend our entrance assessment day and meet with the teacher of your first A-level choice. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview with a member of the Senior Leadership Team in November.
- If you wish to be considered for a bursary, you will need to tick the appropriate box on your application form. Bursaries are both means-tested and based on merit and academic performance, and as such, are extremely competitive.
Find out more about scholarships and bursaries