Early Years Teaching Assistant
Early Years Teaching Assistant
Required from: March/April 2024
Contract term: Permanent
Hours: Full time (36 hours per week), Term Time Only plus 9 days including INSET
Location: Junior School, Wemyss Road, Blackheath
Salary: FTE £26,320 (pro-rata actual salary £21,578) per annum
Become an integral part of our vibrant community at Blackheath High Junior School as a committed Teaching Assistant. We're seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic Early Years Teaching Assistant (Level 3 DfE recognised Early Years Qualification) who will complement the Teachers’ delivery of our excellent EYFS provision to inspire and support students in their academic, practical, behavioural, and social development.
As a Teaching Assistant, your role will involve implementing effective intervention strategies, providing assistance to individual students and small groups. You will complement the teacher's efforts by employing diverse teaching and learning strategies. Specific duties will involve:
- Ensuring our youngest pupils have an excellent first experience of school life
- Planning, preparing, and delivering learning activities for individuals and groups
- Assessing, monitoring, recording and reporting on the children’s engagement and development
- Organising and developing the learning environment to enhance the experiences of our children and celebrate their achievements
- Organise and participate in the supervision of groups of children throughout the day, including wraparound care and at school events
The successful candidate must have up-to-date knowledge of the Early Years Framework, a willingness to continue developing an understanding of how young children learn and a commitment to the highest expectations and standards for the children and themselves.
EYFS experience is an advantage but the ability to work across the primary age range may be required. Candidates will need to be flexible, as they may be required to provide support to the After School Club on occasion.
About the School
Founded in 1880 by the Girls’ Day School Trust (GDST), the UK’s leading network of independent girls’ schools, Blackheath High School is a selective school for girls aged 3–18. We are fortunate to be located on the edge of the stunning Heath and within easy reach of historic Greenwich and Canary Wharf.
There are many good reasons to work with us. Blackheath High School has a real sense of community, and you’ll be part of it. You’ll be part, too, of the wider GDST family and you’ll be in the company of some of the best and brightest people in independent education. We also offer a variety of benefits, such as:
Salary is in accordance with GDST national scale (according to qualifications and experience), higher than maintained sector salary scale.
As part of the GDST, the UK's leading network of independent girls' schools, we can offer a variety of benefits, such as:
- Competitive salaries and pay progression
- Access to extensive professional development opportunities
- Training grants for qualifications
- Generous pension schemes
- Free life assurance benefit
- A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
- Interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
- Employee Assistance Programme
For further details and an application form please visit www.gdst.net or alternatively contact Sharon Read at email@example.com
The closing date for applications: 5 March 2024 at 12 noon
Date of interviews: Week commencing 11 March 2024
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
The GDST is committed to diversity, inclusion and real change: a family where every individual is valued, respected and included.
Blackheath High School and the GDST are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.